About the Host: Who is Madison Pauley?

 

About the Host

Who Is Madison Pauley?

Welcome to the new FFA Way Blog—the newest addition to The FFA Way.

My name is Madison Pauley, and I’m a junior from Galt-Liberty Ranch FFA, located in the heart of California’s Central Valley—the food bowl of our nation. I’m an FFA member, student leader, and the founder and host of The FFA Way. While FFA has become a significant part of my life, my journey into agriculture is probably not what you would expect.

My FFA Journey

I did not grow up in an agricultural background.

I wasn’t raised on a farm or ranch, and agriculture wasn’t something that was deeply embedded in my childhood. Before joining my school’s agriculture program, I had very little knowledge of the industry. I didn’t know the terminology, I didn’t understand the different sectors of agriculture, and I certainly didn’t know what FFA was.

When I first walked into an agriculture class, I had absolutely no idea what I was getting myself into.

I certainly didn’t expect that one class would eventually become such an important part of my life.

I started by learning. Then I started participating. Eventually, I found myself competing, taking on leadership responsibilities, and becoming genuinely passionate about something I had once known almost nothing about.

Throughout my FFA experience, I’ve competed in Parliamentary Procedure, Ag Sales, and Grapevine Pruning. Each experience has introduced me to a different part of FFA and challenged me in a different way. Parliamentary Procedure pushed me to become a stronger communicator and critical thinker. Ag Sales taught me how important communication and confidence are when working with other people. Grapevine Pruning gave me a hands-on experience that was completely outside anything I had previously known.

None of these were things I knew how to do when I started.

I had to learn.

I had to ask questions, make mistakes, practice, and try again. And that process is something I’ve come to appreciate about FFA. It has never required me to already know everything. Instead, it has given me the opportunity to continually learn something new.

Finding Leadership

As I became more involved in FFA, I realized that I wanted to contribute beyond simply participating in competitions.

I had the opportunity to serve as the Committee Chair of my chapter’s Chapter Recruitment Committee, where I worked to help introduce other students to the opportunities FFA can provide. This year, I’m serving as the Committee Chair of our Ag Advocacy Committee, giving me another opportunity to work with my chapter and become more involved in something I care about.

These experiences have changed the way I understand leadership.

I’ve learned that leadership isn’t simply about having a position or a title. It’s about initiative. It’s about seeing an opportunity and being willing to pursue it. It’s about listening to other people, working together, taking responsibility, and being willing to step forward even when you don’t feel completely prepared.

I’m still learning how to become the kind of leader I want to be, but FFA has given me countless opportunities to practice.

The FFA Way

Outside of my chapter, my biggest FFA project is my SAE: The FFA Way.

The FFA Way began with a simple idea: I wanted to create something that was my own. I wanted to take the things I was learning through FFA and find a way to share them with people outside of my chapter and community.

It started as a podcast.

Then it became a social media platform.

Then came interviews, educational content, community outreach, industry connections, and now this blog.

The FFA Way has grown into a place where I can learn, ask questions, meet people, explore new ideas, and share what I discover along the way.

But one of the things that makes The FFA Way especially meaningful to me is the perspective I bring to it.

I’m not someone who grew up knowing everything about agriculture. I’m someone who started without an agricultural background and decided to learn.

I know what it feels like to walk into an agriculture classroom and not understand the terminology everyone else seems to know. I know what it’s like to have questions and wonder if they’re too basic to ask.

That experience has influenced what I want The FFA Way to be.

I want it to be approachable. I want people to feel comfortable being curious. And I want someone who knows absolutely nothing about agriculture to be able to come across The FFA Way and feel like there is a place for them to learn.

Watching an Idea Grow

One of the most rewarding parts of creating The FFA Way has been watching it evolve beyond what I originally imagined.

What began as a project in my hometown of Galt has opened doors to opportunities I never anticipated. I’ve had the chance to connect with people beyond my own community, share my work through different forms of media, and experience the surreal moment of taking something I created from a small-town idea to live television.

That experience still amazes me.

Not because I think I have accomplished everything, but because I remember where the whole thing started.

It started with a student who walked into an agriculture class without an agricultural background and had no idea what she was getting herself into.

And somehow, that decision led here.

Outside the Blue Jacket

As much as FFA means to me, there is obviously more to my life than what happens inside an FFA chapter.

I’m the second oldest of five sisters, which means I’ve spent my entire life surrounded by four other girls. Growing up with four sisters has shaped me in countless ways. There is always someone to laugh with, someone to talk to, and, occasionally, someone to disagree with. It has taught me patience, independence, responsibility, and the importance of having people around you who know you better than almost anyone else.

Outside of school and FFA, music is one of my favorite things. I love playing guitar and harmonica, and I enjoy having something creative that I can turn to simply because I love doing it. Sometimes I play for other people, but just as often, I’m perfectly happy sitting by myself with a guitar.

Those details may seem small compared to everything else I’ve talked about, but I think they’re important.

Because before I’m an FFA member, a committee chair, or the host of The FFA Way, I’m just me.

I’m a student who is still learning. I’m a sister. I’m a musician (Even if I kinda suck at it). I’m someone who is still discovering what I’m passionate about and what I want my future to look like.

I don’t have everything figured out—and I don’t think I’m supposed to.

My FFA journey has taught me that some of the most meaningful experiences can come from stepping into something completely unfamiliar. I walked into my first agriculture class without knowing what I was getting myself into, and I’m incredibly grateful that I did.

Because I never would have imagined that one decision would lead me here.

My name is Madison Pauley, I’m a junior from Galt-Liberty Ranch FFA, and this is my story so far.

And this?

This is only the beginning of The FFA Way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Fear of Public Speaking